Buildings insurance

We’re usually responsible for your buildings insurance if:

  • You’re a shared owner and we own the freehold of your building
  • You’re a leaseholder and we own the freehold of your building
  • You own an apartment in a leasehold scheme for the elderly.

You pay for your share of the buildings insurance every month as part of your service charge. You need to arrange your own insurance to cover your contents and personal possessions in your home.

What does the buildings insurance cover?

The buildings insurance covers loss or damage to your building, including garages, communal areas and the grounds, subject to a policy excess. Accidental damage is also included.

For more information on what your policy covers, including the policy excess, click on the links below:

Summary of cover for shared owners

Summary of cover for leaseholders

How to make a claim

In the event of a claim or to obtain a copy of the schedule, endorsements and policy wording please contact Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Ltd on: 01245 341200, quoting policy number: 16/RSL/10316/A.

If there is any damage to the communal areas for which Knightstone has responsibility, please contact us and we will deal with any claims. Please note the policy excess if Knightstone has to make a claim can in some cases be as high as £1,000. This will be divided equally between you and your neighbours and added to your service charges.